Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Two Steps Closer

Yesterday I was approved for Care Credit and I made an appointment for a surgery consultation for Monday June 5th.  If all goes well at the consultation Delilah will be going straight into surgery that day.  I'm very nervous.  But we're now two steps closer to a more active and pain free life for Delilah.

For anyone not familiar with the blog, Delilah has bilateral Grade 3 Luxating Patellas.  That's a big reason why we stopped agility.  She sometimes has trouble with walks too.  She hops around a lot on three legs.  She's only about 2.5 years old, and if we don't do surgery her knees will probably get worse and she'll develop arthritis.  She will likely be having both knees done during surgery.


  1. Hari OM
    Of course any surgery comes with a holding of breath till it is over... but I comfort you with the news that I personally know two small dogs who have had this exact op done and each of them taking on the world like lions afterwards!!! YAM xx

  2. My paws are crossed for you and I'm sending you lots of AireZen, Delilah!

  3. As you know, you are doing the right thing for her. Looking forward to hearing about her going back to agility one day!