Friday, July 28, 2017

Meet Wren! (And a Recovery Update)

Guess who got a new puppy?

Not me...

But my parents got a baby cockapoo named Wren.  They all came to visit us in Vermont.  My boyfriend and I were watching Wren and did a photoshoot with her and Delilah.












Delilah literally...

Runs into Wren...

And just keeps going.



Delilah's recovering really well from her surgery- her exercise restriction has now been lifted and we're allowed to go on hikes and longer walks.  When we go on walks she actually trots along on all four legs like a healthy dog rather than hopping along on three legs or having to turn back early like before the surgery.  Between the surgery and the raw diet we started about two months ago, this is the healthiest she's looked in the two years that I've owned her!  Her coat is thick and soft, she's building muscle tone and a layer of fat, and she can actually walk and run!  I'm just so happy she's not in pain anymore, the surgery was completely worth the cost!

She is still worried about using her hind legs.  My boyfriend and I think it's psychological.  She won't jump on the couch anymore, unless she's not thinking about it- like if I throw her toy on the couch she'll leap up after it.  But otherwise she won't jump up on her own.  She is also refusing to sit and lie down on cue, I think she's scared to bend her legs.  I asked the surgeon about it and he said he thought it was fear, and that the legs themselves don't seem sore or stiff.  We have another check up in about a month and after that we're hoping to be able to start private agility lessons!  

6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    What great news and to see the pups at play is always joyful... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to hear this news, Delilah! Have fun with Wren! She is just adorable☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wren is so cute!! I'm glad Delilah is doing better, you are a great mom!! I hope in time she will get over her fear and start using her hind legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Welcome little pup. And Glad delilah is doing well after surgery.

    Puppy Growls,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see Delilah is recovering so well! I just underwent surgery and I'm going okay but still so tired!!! I like the look of Wren - she looks like good fun!
    Lots of licks, your new friend Morrie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear that Delilah is recovering so well! Wren is an absolute cutie, the photo shoot came out great!
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete